Sunday, September 24, 2006

Weekend in review - 9/23 - 9/24

Hola - long time no blog - life is kinda boring so not much to say.

Weekend was nice and relaxing - got a bunch of little things done, spent some time with Barbara and her family, and even cooked my first roasted chicken!

Rogue Update:
Here is where I am so far. I finished the body, and am starting the upper back. I am a few rows into the back since this picture. Here are some nice pics of the detail on the sides of the pullover.


I am actually wearing the pullover in that picture - and I am happy to report that it fits very nicely. :-)

I have to toot my own horn because I can - and say I am very proud of myself for tackling this pullover. When I first looked at it, I not only fell in love with it, but was intimidated by it. I never thought I could do such involved cabling.

Chicken Dinner:
It was wonderful. My first roast chicken, stuffed with onions & celery, seasoned with olive oil, cumin, garlic poweder and I am sure a few other things (Cesar did that part). We also had it with mom's candied carrot recipe that we usually have at Easter time. Here is the recipe - I highly recommend it:

Candied Carrots (I think this came from old school Betty Crocker Cookbook or something)

2 Tbs Butter or Margarine
1/4 C Light Brown Sugar
2 Tbs Yellow Mustard
1/4 tsp. Salt
3 Cups sliced carrots, cooked and drained.

1. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
2. Stir in brown sugar, mustard and salt.
3. Add in cooked carrots.
4. Toss to coat

It is fabulous!

I know that the dinner smelled good because we had a little visitor come because the smell coming out of the oven was so yummy!


That is our neighbor's cat - I think!

Gotta run - I'll update soon!

2 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

Aw, the kitty wanted some din din too! Great job with Rogue, it's coming out fantastic!

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Congrats on the sweater and the dinner.
Cute visitor!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home